Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Tell Us About You Tuesday



Again today I have the pleasure of linking up with the ladies from Freebielicious for Tell Us About You Tuesday.

This time of year it is hard for me to remember that I am not technically in the classroom.  Two years ago I took the leap from 15 years in the classroom to staying at home.  At the time, I was in the middle of finishing my EdS with a 10-month-old and another baby on the way.  The cost of daycare was overwhelming and I felt like no one (my husband, kids, family, and students) were getting what they needed or normally got from me.  Before kids and a dog, I was the teacher who got the first parking spot, and typically left when the parking lot was empty.




Thankfully I found Teachers Pay Teachers.  It keeps me fresh, and current, and I still get to do what I love.  I make lesson plans for students, and I teach my preschool babies.  I still stay up late at night planning and thinking about the students.  Sometimes my mind is on what I would improve if I was still in the classroom, and other nights I am thinking of how to make learning fun for an 18-month-old and an almost 3-year-old.

I hope that in the next few years I can fulfill my lifelong dream of being the "library lady."  I recently finished my EdS in School Library Media and Instructional Technology.  I hope that my next classroom will give me the opportunity to work with all students in my school.  Thank you all so much for allowing me to be a part of this teaching/learning community.  I look forward to learning all about each of you.

Jessica

14 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica! Thank you for stopping by my blog and the idea for Tried It Tuesday. It's crazy that we sat together at a session in Vegas just a couple weeks ago! Your kids are adorable!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper
    P.S.
    Did you know you're a "no reply blogger"? I like to reply by email but can't. :( I was a no reply blogger and Google + kept reverting me back without my knowledge. Sometimes the only way I know is if someone tells me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks so much. Ok, so I am totally new to this, but what does that mean "no reply blogger?" I need to fix this! Thanks for letting me know and thanks for all the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness for Google. I think I have it fixed now. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! I was going to say try these directions: http://www.venustrappedinmars.com/2013/06/google-ultimate-no-reply-blogger.html
      So, basically I would have to remember to come back to all the blogs that I comment on to see if they replied (don't have the memory or ain't nobody go time for that LOL!). If you make a comment on my blog, it goes directly to my email and I can reply to you there if you are not a "no reply blogger". This is great for building connections because an email thread can be started easily. :)

      Delete
  4. I love that there are other people on TPT that are not longer in the classroom. I agree this time of the year is hard, but we get to still do what we love in a sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to be back soon, but I love that TPT let's me stay current while I take time away from the classroom.

      Delete
  5. I do miss you at EJ and our chats outside my room during dismissal, but I love that you haven't lot your teaching touch and have stayed up to date through TPT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss it too. Love having TPT but miss the collaboration!.

      Delete
  6. Just found your blog from the Freebielicious link up! I'm a new Facebook follower! Love your blog design-- so cute! :)

    Erin
    Creating & Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I just had Designs By Kassie design it and I couldn't be happier!

      Jessica

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! I just had Designs By Kassie design it and I couldn't be happier!

      Jessica

      Delete
  7. Your family is sooooo sweet! Nice to get to know a fellow blogger. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I am following you on blog lovin'. I can't wait to see more about your adorable kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I enjoyed reading your post today as well!

      Jessica

      Delete
  8. This nice and informative post. thank you for sharing this informative and valuable post with us.
    Professional Assignment Writers

    ReplyDelete