Pages

Saturday, July 4, 2015

The Monthly Top Ten – Favorite TV Shows

I just joined a new monthly linky top ten party with The Third Grade Nest.  
I thought this would be easy but try as I might, I could only come up with 9 shows.



Oh TV! In the last few years my TV viewing has taken a backseat to the rest of the house. ESPN, Disney Junior, and Nick Jr. have taken over and my TV watching is limited. 

I used to love shows like CSI and Law and Order but alas they became too easy.  Now, I only have to watch the first 5 minutes, figure out the character that was introduced and had no importance in the beginning and BINGO that’s your killer.  So, it lost it’s fun. 

TV is now my background noise.  The thing I can watch with a computer in my lap, going around picking up stuff, doing dishes, folding laundry, and blogging.  The only show I put things down to watch these days is So You Think You Can Dance, because, wow, those people are amazing and I can’t look away!

And, yes, I know I aged myself with my reruns.  I still love my Friends and Will and Grace.  I know the lines before they say them, but sometimes I just need some of my old friends to visit.  The ones I had to block time out for since there were no DVRs.  They were the characters that I ran home or rearranged my schedule to spend time with.  They remind me of my younger years, of the breakups and hardships, of the joys, and also of why I am the luckiest girl in the world to have my husband, kids, pup, and family. 

Lastly, Netflix…  The only reason I watch anything new is that I can take Netflix on the go.  Plus they have some really interesting characters that I can’t get enough of.  I can watch 5 minutes here and there and even tune in while the rest of the family dominates the real TV.

So there you have it!  My top 10, well 9, TV shows.  I am always open to new shows.  I’d love to know of anything new that you can’t stop watching. Please share your favorite shows, especially if there are on Netflix!

7 comments:

  1. I was glad to see someone also picked Friends! I feel the same way about watching the old shows...You can hear me even if I walk out of the room quoting from the show,,,then lots of laughter! LOL I use to have Netflix, but now just use On Demand. Maybe I'll look into it for some of the shows you listed.

    Oh, and...I love your blog title! I was a Portable Princess for 5 yrs in a row (that's 4 different rooms too!)

    Little Gingergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! There is something to be said about surviving out in those portables. I did enjoy the sound of the rain on the tin roof though! Thanks for looking into suggestions!

    Love, love Friends!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! LOVED the newest season of Orange is the New Black! Great shows to watch while keeping busy :)

    ~Hailey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who had difficulty coming up with 10. I'm working on my list and checking other lists for reminders. I already had Friends on my list. I never get tired of it (and it helps that TBS always has reruns).

    Julie

    TheHipTeacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the classic comedies too! Modern Family was definitely on my list as well. If you like Netflix, you should watch Grace & Frankie. It's really funny!
    Kim from Elementary Antics

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim S. thanks for the suggestion! I will definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete