Martin Luther King, Jr was magnificent in so many ways. One of the lessons I like to teach my students at this time of year is how to stand up for what they believe in and the changes they want. I really like to focus on the peaceful ways in which Martin encouraged others to bring about change. I wrote this poem with these ideas in mind.
1. What is the repetition of this poem? Why do you think the poet repeated these words?
2. How does the poet think you should try to bring about change?
3. What is the rhyme scheme of this poem?
4. Why do you think the author chose to use an exclamation mark at the end of "Stand Up!"
5. How many lines and stanzas are in this poem?
Write another stanza to add to this poem.
For more poems like this check out Poetry Literacy Bundle.
Cover Photo Credit: gustavofrazao/Dollar Photo Club