Pages

Friday, February 5, 2016

Weekly Notes for February 5, 2016


Happy February!  Can you believe it's already February? Time is flying again.  I am so glad you joined me for another week of Weekly Notes.  Let's get started!

Book of the Week
This week the book I want to share is the Nation Book Award Winner - Dancing on the Edge by Han Nolan.  The characters is this book are very different from the ones in most books.  The beginning was a little slow and I wasn't 100% sure where this book was heading, but I am so glad I stuck with it.  The last part of the book was fabulous and the conversations were so real.  The characters were so alive at the end that I felt they were in the room with me.



Lesson of the Week
Are you looking for ways to build your student's content area vocabulary?  This post will give ideas on getting students up and learning new terms.


Fabulous Freebie
Are you looking for poems to use this month?  I have 4 poems that are featured in this month's edition of A Poem Each Week.  You can access the FREE February A Poem Week here. 



Recipe of the Week
This Spicy Turkey and Green Bean Stir Fry from the Food Network is wonderful.  The kids love it and there is always plenty of leftovers for my husband and I to have lunch for the next day.  Super easy to make and one that the kids can help cook.




Want to save these ideas for later? Pin the image below. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment